Star Trak is continuing to work on our equipment at Boonton yard.
There will be a picnic held at the Whippany Railway Museum on August 21, 2011 with the VRA, CNJ Historical Society and Tri State Historical Society.
Potential Santa train on the North Jersey Coast Line December 4th or December 11th. The URHS has put a request into NJ Transit and is waiting for their confirmation. This train will possibly shuttle passengers between Point Pleasant and Long Branch, making three round trips. Stay tuned for further details.
Listed below are the Fall /early Winter 2011 URHS member groups’ model train/railroad shows:
- Sep. 3 – 4: Steamtown Railfest, Scranton, PA
- Sep. 17: Friends of NJ Transportation Heritage Center Annual Meeting, Phillipsburg Station
- Sep. 25: Allentown train show in the High School
- Sept. 30 & Oct. 1: Erie Lackawanna Historical Society Annual Convention, Scranton Hilton
- Oct. 2: Pumpkin festival & craft fair at Whippany Railway Museum
- Oct. 2: Jersey Central Ch. NRHS picnic at Whippany Railway Museum
- Nov. 5: Whippany Railway Museum #4039 Fund Raiser at Phillipsburg
- Dec. 3: VRA Santa Train
- Dec. 10: Jersey Central Railway Historical Society & Tri-State Railway Historical Society Santa Trains